Thursday, September 1, 2011

Oh how I love thee...

Can you believe it's September already?

Fall is absolutely my favorite time of the year. Let me count the reasons of my 'not-so-secret' love affair...


1. The Football. As you all will soon pick up on, I am a die hard Seminole fan. I just love everything about football season. Garnet and Gold. Tailgating. The food. Our mascot Chief Osceola and Renegade. Our fight song and the Seminole chop. And, oh yeah, the actual sport.


2. The Pumpkin Spice Lattes. They’re back! Officially as of September 6th Starbucks will be serving their oh-so-amazing pumpkiny (Is that a word?) caffeine filled goodness.


3. Fall foods. Specifically pumpkin filled things...Its fall food at its best. But if you’re not quite as pumpkin crazed as I am, you could dabble in other fall foods such as apples, pears, and squash.


4. The Weather. Here in Florida, we break records with the sweltering summer heat temperatures. I am eternally grateful that the temperatures will soon be dropping and cooling off... at least a little.

5. Running Season. I know technically running and race reason is year around, but in Florida races in the summer is almost non-exsistent. Unless you are up before 6am or lucky enough to miss the afternoon showers...it's just plain too hot. Get ready to lace up those shoes ladies and gents.

6. TV. I love a good reality tv show meltdown as much as the next girl, but by the time September rolls around I’m ready for some good old fashion scripted drama and/ or comedy. Gossip Girl to Modern Family and all the shows in between.  Your wait is almost over.
 Photo Courtesy of ABC.

7. The Fashion. I should hold off on this one for the winter since it technically doesn't truly get cold till January. But even though I am a Florida native, I am a northern girl at heart. The winter boots. The boyfriend sweaters. The hoodies. The knit hats. Scarves in every color and fabric you could imagine. That perfect fall weather? How could you not love it? Did I mention I love cold weather?


8. The Activities.  Pumpkin picking. Pumpkin Carving. Football games (It deserves to be mentioned twice). Fall festivals. Outdoor concerts. Haunted houses and Hayrides.

9. The Holidays. Halloween. Thanksgiving. Christmas. Family. The decorations. Need I say more?


10. The Perfect Excuse for Snuggling.  I am definitely a big fan of snuggling. Grab your significant other, a  good movie, a cozy blanket or hoodie, light a fire (or a candle), a cup of hot chocolate or even maybe a pumpkin latte? Ok, I admit it... I'm craving that pumpkin.

So that's my love affair with fall. Hope you enjoyed my top 10...

Until next time :)

1 comment:

  1. Love all these things too! I'm so ready for fall... the fact that my birthday is in the fall doesn't hurt either :) haha

    ReplyDelete