Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Rainy morning= No run

So today was supossed to be my first day of official half marathon training. I woke up at 6:30 this morning to pouring rain. Reset the alarm for 7:30, still no go. Looked at the forecast and said it was raining ALL day, so I went back to sleep. Woke up at 9:30 (not sure why I slept so late) and it was bright and sunny (& hot). FAIL. Gottah love Florida weather. Since I am in between cities right now I didn't want to be locked into a gym membership if and when I move, so running outside is my only option. Maybe I will try to fit my run in this afternoon when it cools off... if only I can avoid the rain.


So multiple blogs that I read have reminded me that September is National Yoga Month. Back in college I used to attend yoga classes on a weekly basis to relieve stress and increase flexibility, but since then I haven't gone back (that's been over two years!). Well right now  http://www.yogamonth.org/ is offering a free week of yoga. Win!  You will find the link on the left side of their page. It’s for new students, and certain studios only...so find a studio you have never tried. Looks like this might be the month to get back into it!!


Crossing my fingers that I'll be able to dodge the rain and get my run in. Laters!

No comments:

Post a Comment